1. Acquisition of Personal Information
Events Pro will acquire the following information in its provision of the Service:
- (1)When the User registers to use the Service:
The information entered by the User in the user registration form such as their e-mail address, name, company name, department name, job title, address, phone number, etc.
- (2)When the User uses the Service:
Service event participation history, browsing history data, website browsing date and time, visited URLs, computer terminal IP address, operating system, browser type, screen resolution, referrer information (from which website the User visited the Service)
- (3)In addition to the information prescribed in each of the preceding items, the information entered by the User in input forms on the Service.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Events Pro will use the User's personal information for the following purposes. And Events Pro may separately notify the User or specify the purpose of use.
- (1)E-mail address, name, company name, department name, job title, address, phone number, etc.:
- - To identify and manage the User, to verify the User’s identity when they log in to the Service;
- - To provide information about events on the Service, etc.;
- - To provide information about other events held by Events Pro and Nikkei, etc.;
- - For questionnaires and surveys for marketing;
- - To handle and respond to User enquiries;
- - To provide the User's name and e-mail address, etc. to each event organizer, exhibitor and sponsor (with the prior consent of the User)
- (2)Service event participation history, Service website browsing history information:
- - To analyze usage of the Service;
- - For improvement of the Service and new development;
- - To provide the User with content and event information related to their interests;
- - To confirm the User information when they access the website
3. Joint use
Events Pro will jointly use the personal information acquired from the User through the Service prescribed in Article 1 together with Nikkei Inc. (hereinafter, “Nikkei”) - the Service system owner, for the purpose of use prescribed in Article 2 and Events Pro shall be the party responsible for the management of personal information.
4. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Events Pro may provide the personal information acquired from the User to the organizers, exhibitors and sponsors of events in which the User has participated with the prior consent of the User. In this case, the name of the third-party recipient(s) of the User's personal information and their purpose of use of that information will be stated on each event participation application form. Events Pro concludes contracts, etc. with third-party recipients of the User's personal information which oblige them to handle the personal information in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter, “GDPR”) and related laws and regulations while having consideration to the User's privacy. Please contact the third-party recipient of personal information for further details about their handling of personal information.
6. Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
Events Pro may transfer the User's personal information to countries outside the EU, including Japan, in order to achieve the purpose of use. The rights of the data subject prescribed in the GDPR may not be recognized in countries outside the EU, however Nikkei guarantees that sufficient measures to protect the User's personal information will be ensured through the conclusion of standard contract clauses based on the GDPR, etc.
7. Opt-out of Cookie Data
Events Pro uses a technology called cookies to collect browsing history data from Users who access the Service. If you do not wish for your browsing history data to be collected, then please opt out for each of the following cookie issuers.
8. Retention Period
9. Rights of the User
- (1)The User may undertake procedures to: (i) confirm their personal information; (ii) correct, make additions to or delete their personal information, or exercise portability rights; (iii) suspend the use of their personal information; and (iv) suspend the provision of their personal information to third parties.
- (2)The User will not be subjected to discriminatory treatment by reason of having exercised their rights prescribed in the preceding item.
- (3)Please contact the enquiries service listed in the following Article if you wish to exercise your rights prescribed in item (1). Please note that Events Pro cannot respond to requests made in person by directly visiting the company.
- (4)The User has the right to raise an objection to the data protection authorities of each country having jurisdiction over the handling of personal information related to User.
10. Enquiries Service
Post code: 101-0041
JR Kanda Manseibashi Building 16F, 1-25 Kanda Sudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Nikkei Events Pro Co., Ltd. Personal Information Protection Officer
Phone: +81-3-6812-8753 (Reception hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
11. Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
Events Pro may change these policies in whole or in part. The User will be notified of significant changes on the website that provides the Service. In addition, if there is a risk that the changes would significantly disadvantage the User, then we will make the changes after obtaining the individual consent of the User.
Created: August 20, 2020
Revised: October 1, 2020